Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Introduction!

Hello! Welcome to Musical Theatre Facts. My name is Marc Bonanni. I'm 31 and I live in Brooklyn, NY with my wife and newborn daughter. I am an aspiring Musical Theatre Historian. I am a Musical Theatre Historian in training. I Am a Musical Theatre Historian.

I am starting this blog, to be perfectly honest, to get in the habit of writing. I've never really enjoyed writing. But to be a historian of any kind, writing seems to be a necessity. So here goes nothing...

My intent is to post everyday about a musical. I have compiled a list of over 2,000 musicals, dating from the 1700's through to the current Broadway season. Mostly shows that have appeared on Broadway but there are several that have premiered Off-Broadway, in London or Australia, regionally or the occasional concept album or demo. I have a program that will choose one at random and then I will do my best to come up with at least 5 interesting facts or anecdotes about the show in question. Hopefully, you'll find it all somewhat interesting and maybe even learn something you didn't know about a show.

If you believe I have posted something inaccurate or purported a falsehood, please send me a message and let me know. I, of course, always strive to be accurate.

Enjoy!
-Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment